laceylouwagie

A Reading Vocation

"I Must Read, Read, and Read. It is my Vocation." - Thomas Merton

Get To Know Me - Lacey

— feeling excited

I find it interesting that book reviews give us tiny glimpses into people's lives -- they mention picking up a book that takes place in a certain locale because they are visiting there over the summer, or a new book ties back to a childhood obsession. But it's true that most of us book bloggers mostly "hide behind our books," so I really like this meme that lets us come out from behind the shelf for a bit.

Are you named after anyone?

My parents first heard the name Lacey from country singer Lacy J. Dalton. So I'm sort of named after her, even though my parents weren't big fans or anything (which is a surprise, considering my younger sister is named after Crystal Gayle.)

When was the last time you cried?

I teared up a bit while watching The Fox & the Hound for my Year in Disney Movies project. I still find myself getting teary once in a while when I think of my dear cat that died just a little over a year ago, too.

Do you have kids?

Not yet.

If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?

This question is impossible to answer without me knowing what kind of "other person" I am when I'm not being myself. But given the fact that I have some really great friends, I have to assume that I bring something to the table as a friend, too.

Do you use sarcasm a lot?

I try not to use it too much because I think it's kind of belittling. Sometimes I deadpan something I don't mean at all around people who know me well enough to realize I'm joking.

Will you ever bungee-jump?

Absof***-inglutelynot.

What’s your favorite cereal?

Peanut Butter Captain Crunch, although I hardly ever buy it because I'd have it for every meal. And I'm not deluded into thinking it's anything more than fortified candy.

What’s the first thing you notice about people?

The image they're trying to project, I think, whether that's hipster, sophisticated, trendy, geek chic, etc.

What is your eye colour?

Blue

Scary movie or happy endings?

I can't handle gore, so I'm gonna have to go with happy endings. I don't really mind melancholy or ambiguous endings, either. In fact, I have a much higher tolerance for ambiguous endings than most people, it seems. I don't like endings that don't feel like a natural outgrowth of the tone of the rest of the movie.

Favorite smells?

My husband,cookies or bread baking, cinnamon, the air after it rains

Summer or winter?

I like them both, so I'm sort of sad when each of them is over. I love curling up on a gray or snowy day during the winter, and that there is less expectation to be out and about. But I love long bike rides and summer evenings. I may favor summer just a touch.

Computer or television?

Computer. I can do way more with it, including watching shows.

What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?

*gets out world map*

Germany

Do you have any special talents?

Not really. My talents are pretty run-of-the-mill.

Where were you born?

Granite Falls, Minnesota

What are your hobbies?

Reading, writing, biking, watching movies/TV, playing guitar

Do you have any pets?

I have 3: My Australian cattle dog/collie/Norwegian elkhound cross, Syrus, and my geriatric kitty, Joker, and my young whippersnapper kitty, Sunspot. (Joker is in my profile pic.)

Favorite movie?

The Last Unicorn, Lars & the Real Girl, and Aladdin

Do you have any siblings?

I have two sisters -- I'm the middle child.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

An author.