laceylouwagie

A Reading Vocation

"I Must Read, Read, and Read. It is my Vocation." - Thomas Merton

Book Review: The Intuitive Heart of Romance

The Intuitive Heart of Romance: Finding Your Own Path to Lasting Love - Servet Hasan

This book wasn't really anything special, and seemed to be mostly geared toward women who were trying to make themselves "ready" for their "soulmate" to come into their lives. Most of the advice was fairly vague and bordered on being platitudes, and with all the books I've read in the past couple years that access actual research in their relationship advice, this really fell flat. It did have a few good exercises in it, and I probably should have done more of them (although when I read, I just want to READ, not stop and do work!) I can see how it could be affirming for someone who was waiting to find the right relationship, but it honestly didn't offer a ton for people who have already found it. I finished reading it about two weeks ago, and I can't remember much about it now. I blogged a bit about the few spots that did strike me in my here.