laceylouwagie

A Reading Vocation

"I Must Read, Read, and Read. It is my Vocation." - Thomas Merton

New Book Arrivals: Bookmooch

The Color Master: Stories - Aimee Bender The Vein of Gold: A Journey to Your Creative Heart - Julia Cameron

Two new books from Bookmooch sit on my coffee table waiting to be announced, cataloged, and shelved.

The Vein of Gold: A Journey to Your Creative Heart by Julia Cameron - This feels like a "sequel" to the Artist's Way, full of creativity exercises that engage your sense of "play." Like The Artist's Way, it looks to be a rather comprehensive and intense study; the book is much thicker than I expected it to be.

The Color Master - Stories by Aimee Bender - I've never been interested in Bender's novels, but these short stories seem to be infused with a sort of magical realism, fairy tale quality that piqued my interest. They would even fit my Year in Reading Suggestions August theme to read outside my normal genre, that is, if I ever manage to finish reading Rusalka so I can get to my August theme.