laceylouwagie

A Reading Vocation

"I Must Read, Read, and Read. It is my Vocation." - Thomas Merton

New Book Arrival: The Motion of the Ocean: 1 Small Boat, 2 Average Lovers, and a Woman's Search for the Meaning of Wife

The Motion of the Ocean: 1 Small Boat, 2 Average Lovers, and a Woman's Search for the Meaning of Wife - Janna Cawrse Esarey

Whereas I couldn't remember where I found out about the last new book that arrived at my door, I remember vividly finding out about and yearning for this book, and I'm so happy to have it in my possession (via Paperbackswap) at last.

I read about this book in the "breakout" section of an issue of Writer's Digest. I was sitting on my scratchy blue couch at 7 am. I was engaged and interested in anything that might help me understand "the meaning of wife." Not only that, but I had recently finished editing Katya Gordon's sailing memoir that went on to be published by North Star Press (Small Boat, Big Waves, Two Kids). It's one of my favorite projects I've ever worked on, so I was eager to have a similar literary experience. Looks like I'll be setting sail again!